After you have had your Hothead extensions applied, ensure that you have all the proper tools to care for your new hair.
- Do wait 24-48 hours before washing or chemically processing your hair.
- Do use a soft, boar bristle brush; starting at the ends and working your way up, always brushing in a downward motion. Brush before shampooing to keep hair from mating.
- Do use, from mid shaft to ends, keeping away from adhesive bands. This keeps extensions silky, healthy and irresistibly soft.
- Do wear your hair in a ponytail when swimming, exercising and sleeping.
- Do have a licensed professional remove and reapply your extensions.
- Don't use any products containing alcohol, oil or ethanol. Alcohol based products are drying to the hair and can comprise the strength of the adhesive bond.
- Don't brush hair harshly.
- Don't go to bed with your hair wet.
- Don't chemically process your hair at home. Rely on your salon professional for any services while wearing extensions.
- Don't remove your extensions yourself.